User Experience Director
Posted 1 month ago
- £50,000 - £55,000
About the role:
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic and willing to learn. You’ve got to be prepared to throw yourself into some big digital projects!
The role will involve you working closely between our design, development and project management teams.
You’ll need to make sure our sites are loved by clients and users.
You’ll mostly be:
- Creating wireframes, mockups and prototypes for projects of all shapes and sizes.
- Injecting creativity and inspiration into our websites and apps.
- Conducting the right research to inform and validate our designs.
- Being an ambassador for usability, accessibility and help allow web standards to be upheld in all of our work.
You’ll also be getting involved with:
- Helping to run workshops and requirements gathering exercises.
- Helping to organise and run user testing sessions.
- Mapping out user flows and information architecture.
- Presenting your ideas to directly to clients.
- Managing a design team to ensure the work we do is of the highest standard
We need someone who:
- Is passionate about digital and the web.
- Doesn’t shy away from trying new techniques and processes.
- Isn’t afraid to be client-facing. You’ll be presenting (and defending) your designs on a regular basis.
- Loves to learn. You’ll need to have a finger on the pulse of the latest best-practices in web design.
- Plays well with others. You’ll be a crucial team member at the start of all projects.
- Has experience of managing a team
- Proven experience in a senior role within UX
Would be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience working in a digital agency role.
- Some practical UX design experience; whether academic or professional.
- Basic knowledge of web development; particularly on the front-end side of things.
- Proficiency in using some different design and prototyping tools.
- Some experience in validating, researching or testing your design concepts.
We always choose capability and personality over experience, so if don’t worry if you haven’t got all of these.
If you think you’re right for the role and are prepared to learn, we’d love to talk.
The role is full-time, based in our office near Holborn Circus. Competitive salary negotiable based on experience and skills.