Privacy Statement for the UK User Experience Professionals’ Association
The UK User Experience Professionals’ Association is committed to the secure handling of member and user data. The following describes our policy on information gathering, storage and dissemination of information on:
- Members (global UXPA members affiliated to the UK – see more here [link to membership info
- Email subscribers
- Survey respondents (this includes those voting in elections)
- Event attendees
- Users of this website http://www.uxpa-uk.org/
Use of IP Address and Cookies
Your IP address is only used to identify you when you take part in any survey process. ‘Survey’ refers to both surveys and election processes for which we use a surveying tool. This is in order to prevent multiple survey responses. Once responses have been audited for duplication, any IP information is discarded before counting takes place.
As we do not offer any login or purchase services on the website, cookies are not used for any purpose with regards to the website.
IP addresses are logged with our hosting provider for site visits.
- UXPA UK does not rent, sell, or give away any contact details for any individual in any circumstance without the expressed permission of the individual in question.
- The UXPA International membership forms require members to give UXPA International contact information (such as name and email address). This information is shared by the Global UXPA Office with the UXPA UK Secretary and Committee in order to validate membership for event entry, election voting eligibility and in order to keep the UXPA UK email list up to date with current members. No financial information about members is shared with UXPA UK (such as membership payment details)
- Our online surveys ask participants for contact information (such as email address) and demographic information (such as location, age, or income level). Personal information from surveys will not be shared with anyone outside the committee. Contact information from a survey will only be used to answer direct questions or to respond to complaints. Most surveys are anonymous, and contact information is only required for election voting.
Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. The UK User Experience Professionals’ Association is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Site hosting is provided by 123-reg.co.uk, part of the Webfusion Ltd.
Surveys are managed using https://www.surveymonkey.com/ with access to the UXPA UK account limited to the committee President and Secretary.
Email and membership lists are stored using Mailchimp and are accessed by UXPA UK Committee Members only.
Email communication opt in/out
Our email communication list is comprised of:
- Current members
- Past members
- Others who have agreed to be added
You can unsubscribe from emails when you receive one. Alternatively please contact the UXPA UK Secretary.
The UXPA UK has a Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ukupa – the feed’s ‘followees’ are UX-related organisations, as well as those individual followers who do not appear to be spammers. Following UXPA UK on Twitter does not automatically result in being followed by UXPA UK.
Liability and Disclaimer
The UK User Experience Professionals’ Association (UXPA UK) provides this website as a service to its affiliated members and others interested in the development, communication, advancement and practice of usability and user experience disciplines.
UXPA UK is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this web site is correct, complete, reliable and up-to-date, and its appearance on the site does not constitute an endorsement by UXPA UK.
Although UXPA UK’s website may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including websites, UXPA has not participated in the development of those other sites and does not exert any editorial or other control over those sites. UXPA is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
Links from UXPA UK to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by UXPA UK of the parties or their products and services. The appearance on the website of advertisements and product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by UXPA UK, and UXPA UK has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser.
Although unlikely to occur, UXPA UK also expressly disclaims all liability for any violations, including but not limited to security breaches or privacy violations, committed by any firm which provides online or management services on behalf of the Association. Users of the UXPA UK website agree to hold UXPA harmless for and from any liability for any damages arising out of the use of the online or management services.
The opinions expressed by contributors to the UXPA UK events, the website, on Twitter or through any other online discussion are solely those of the individual contributors and do not reflect the opinions of UXPA UK, its affiliated members or the global Board of Directors and Executive Director.
Reference herein to any specific commercial firm, commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by UXPA UK, the members of the UXPA Board of Directors, Executive Director, or the UXPA UK.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or this website please contact the UXPA UK Secretary.