Posted 2 weeks ago
At Touch Surgery, we’re on a mission to positively impact lives around the world, and we’re doing it by improving surgical outcomes for patients. We are building a web and mobile products that push the boundaries of surgical care. Technical tools to help healthcare systems improve training, reduce errors, and decrease the cost of medical care.
Design is at the core to how we’re doing this and we’re always on the lookout for great designers to welcome into our team. If you’re looking for a real purpose behind what you do, this role is a genuine opportunity to make a difference.
The UX / UI Designer is expected to understand and consider the high-level direction/ strategy of the product but also the details of the app and web user journeys. We are looking to see a portfolio of work showcasing innovative, creative design solutions with a clear strategic rationale that meet business or user needs.
- Qualified UX / UI Designer with experience designing digital products that answer real problems.
- Understanding User Computer Interaction (HCI).
- Extensive knowledge and experience of applying User / Customer Centric Design (UCD) processes and working in a collaborative team including design, medical, product, and engineering.
- Strong communication skills that allow you to effectively communicate and visualize ideas to stakeholders across the company.
- Organisational and planning skills are also crucial at Touch Surgery. You will be expected to have excellent organisational skills, able to multitask when necessary and prioritise multiple user stories within the design sprint. Although teamwork across different teams is critical, you will have ownership of your work and the freedom to take quick decisions to move the product forwards.
It would be preferable for candidates to have the following qualities
- BSc, and/or MSc in Product Design, Industrial Design, UX Design, HCI or similar
- A passion for surgery, anatomy, and technology
- Great attention to detail
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Skills that help you empathize with user groups that you efficiently translate into user insights
- Strong organizational skills, proactive and assertive
- 25 days of holidays
- Company sick pay scheme
- Pension scheme
- Learning opportunities with courses & workshops
- Cycle Scheme
- Kids vouchers
- Season ticket travel loan
- Free breakfast & healthy snacks
- Games nights (pizza & beer provided)
- Friday drinks
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the best HealthTech Startups in Europe, with the chance to meet and develop relationships with surgeons from around the world. We offer competitive salaries and a share options scheme so that all our employees have a part in our success. We are located in Shoreditch, near Old Street Station in a newly refurbished space, which is right at the centre of the growing technology startup scene in London.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://touchsurgery.workable.com/jobs/541146 →