Business Development Lead
Posted 2 weeks ago
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
ExperienceLab is a customer experience and service design agency. We work in both the public and private sector. We are owned by Serco PLC but operate as a standalone business. Our relationship with Serco means we undertake unique and ground breaking user centred design projects in the public sector. However, we also sell into the private sector and whilst this has been successful, we are now looking to recruit a Business Development professional to further develop our footprint in private sector markets.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development this role will operate with a significant degree of freedom with the key measure of success being the value of appropriate work secured. This role would be integrated closely with the rest of the ExperienceLab team.
Whilst we are well established (since 2001) our staff profile is young, and we work to create and maintain a vibrant and mutually supportive environment. As in all dynamic environments this is still being shaped and we would expect the successful candidate to play an integral role in this cultural development.
We anticipate that this role will appeal to a candidate with 2 to 3 years’ experience of successful business development in a professional services organisation. We expect that that you will have a proven network of industry contacts relevant to ExperienceLab and that you are now looking for the opportunity for autonomy and fast track growth into a senior role.
What we would expect you to demonstrate;
– That you are a self-starter who is not afraid of taking the initiative and generating your own ideas on how to find and grow new business
– Good sales and prospecting skills in an agency/consulting environment
– The ability to thrive in an environment where ambiguity is commonplace
– The ability to work well within a team environment
– Appropriate granular knowledge and understanding of selling professional services
– Commercial acumen – with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers
– Excellent communication and influencing skills through verbal, written, and interpersonal presentation
– The ability to deal concurrently with a wide range of customers
– Creativity and an ability to design and deliver marketing campaigns
– Well organized and disciplined team player
– Good organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible as part of a small team
– Potential to develop into a member of the ExperienceLab leadership team
Non-essential but desirable skills/experience
– Experience of private and public sector sales
– Experience and knowledge of service design and design led thinking
– Experience and knowledge of UX and interaction design
– A proven network of relevant industry contacts
Our success is a reflection of our people and that is why it’s important that we reward you, to say thank you for the dedication to Serco. One of the ways we do this is by providing a wide range of core and voluntary employee benefits to you do more with their money. Along with a competitive you will benefit from 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, contributory pension (matched up to 6%), training & development opportunities, and as a valued employee you will have access to a world of exclusive discounts and privileges including Cycle to Work scheme, Mobile Phone discounts, Merlin Attractions and more!
What to do next…..
If you are interested in applying for this unique opportunity to join our successful team; where you will benefit from a wealth of knowledge, expertise and personal growth, please apply now and upload an up to date copy of your CV and cover letter!
For more information on the work we do at ExperienceLab, please visit us at https://www.experience-lab.com/.