The 30th British Human Computer Interaction Conference will be held in Bournemouth (UK) from 11th-15th July 2016. The conference is organised by Bournemouth University in conjunction with the BCS Interaction Specialist Group and UXPA UK.
This year’s theme is “Fusion! HCI across Disciplines”. We want to challenge research and practitioners to uncover ways to inspire fusion in lots of different ways; these include fusion between quality & innovation, research & practice, and between different topic areas both within and outside HCI.
The following tracks are still open for submissions:
*Workshop Proposals: http://hci2016.bcs.org/participation/workshop-proposals/
* Works-in-Progress : http://hci2016.bcs.org/participation/works-in-progress-posters/
* Interaction Gallery : http://hci2016.bcs.org/participation/interactions-gallery/
* Student Volunteers: http://hci2016.bcs.org/participation/student-volunteers/
Submissions to all tracks should be made via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=british-hci-2016
All submissions should conform to the eWiC template (http://ewic.bcs.org/category/15364).
Accepted full papers, position papers, work-in-progress papers, interaction gallery abstracts, and doctoral consortium abstracts will be published in eWiC, and appear in the ACM Digital Library.
== Location ==
The conference will be held at the Kimmeridge House facility at Bournemouth University’s Talbot Campus. Bournemouth is a thriving town on the beautiful south coast of England. Its stunning seven mile beach holds four European blue flags and two seaside awards. Despite the town’s closeness to natural beauty such as the New Forest national park and the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, it is less than two hours from London, with excellent transport links and an airport. Direct flights are available from many parts of the UK and Europe to Bournemouth, and several other airports are also close by.
== Important dates ==
* Full Papers (Max 10 pages) – Deadline 18th March 2016
* Position Papers – Deadline 18th March 2016
* Doctoral Consortium Papers (Max 4 pages) – Deadline 18th March 2016
* Interactions Gallery – Deadline 13th May 2016
* Student Volunteers – Deadline 18th April 2016
* Workshop Proposals – Deadline 11th March 2016
* Works-in-progress (Posters) – Deadline 13th May 2016
== Organisation ==
General Chairs: Nan Jiang, Huseyin Dogan, Shamal Faily, Jacqui Taylor
Full Paper Chairs: Gavin Sim, Stephanie Wilson
Position Paper Chairs: Stephen Giff, Sine McDougall
Works-in-Progress Chairs: Raian Ali, Stephann Makri
Interactions Gallery Chairs: Sue Golfer, Vicky Isley, Paul Smith
Doctoral Consortium Chairs: Alan Dix, Claudia Iacob
Workshop Chairs: Barbara Rita Barricelli, Moamer Gashoot
Industry Chairs: Ting-Ray Chang, Jason Grant
Publication Chairs: Dominic Furniss, Gernot Liebchen
Web and Social Media Chairs: John McAlaney, Paul Albinson, Helen Thackray
Student Volunteer Chairs: Paul Whittington, Sarah Hodge, Helen Thackray
Sponsorship Chair: Biao Zeng