The UXPA UK committee is made up of enthusiastic volunteers from the community. As an organisation, our events will always remain at the very heart of our mission. As such, we’re looking to recruit more enthusiastic volunteers to support the running of our monthly events in 2019.
Getting involved with UXPA UK is a great opportunity to develop new skills and build your CV. Most importantly, it is a truly rewarding and social experience! You’ll get lots of opportunities to meet like-minded people so if you are motivated to help and have a few hours free each month then we’d welcome your help.
We’re looking to recruit Event Support Project Leads who with support and guidance from the Events Manager and the wider committee, will help plan and co-ordinate our regular monthly events. We provide an outline of the role below.
Events Support Project Lead
- The primary responsibility of the Events Support role is to ensure the smooth running of UXPA UK monthly events.
- This will involve being available on the day of and attending the event. Events for 2019 are scheduled to be held in the evening (18:00 – 21:00) of the 3rd Thursday of the month and are attended by approximately 70-100 people.
- In conjunction with the Events Manager, become familiar with our event management software to manage ticket sales and attendee lists.
- With assistance from the Events Manager, you will liaise with our venues to ensure facilities will be available and the event space set-up as required.
- Co-ordinate with the Events Manager to ensure that food and drink is set-out at the venue in time for the event. Note: The Events Manager is responsible for ordering food and drink for the event.
- Ensure badges are printed for all registered attendees and are delivered to the venue or collected from our printing provider.
- Provide an attendee register to be used on the evening.
- Manage volunteers for each event, allocating responsibilities, providing detailed briefings and monitoring completion.
Project Lead roles are not full members of the UXPA UK committee so they do not require the same level of commitment outside of event, but carry many of the benefits.
If you are interested, or would like to chat more about the role, please drop Caroline an email at email@example.com.