Elections for the Management Committee take place every year and only UXPA UK paid members have the right to stand and vote. We aim to keep nominations and the online elections periods open for 3 weeks each. The Executive committee is formed through internal elections from existing committee members.
Committee members are elected for 2-year terms and are expected to attend monthly committee meetings in person or by phone, and monthly events (unless they do not reside in London). You’ll need to make a reasonable time commitment (at least 2 hours a week) and there’s no financial remuneration, as this is an all-volunteer organisation.
However, joining our committee can be a truly rewarding and social experience. Plus, a role on the committee is a great opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with other members of the UX UK community. Last but not least, it makes a nice addition to your CV, as well as being rather good fun!
To join the committee, you’ll need to put yourself forward for a role or be nominated. Remember, the first condition is that you must be a member of UXPA (you can join now, if necessary!).
- Nominations open: 24 October
- Annual General Meeting: 06 November
- Nominations close: 14 November
- Elections open: 17 November
- Elections close: 08 December
- Notification to candidates: 15 December
The successful applicant will be the person with the highest number of valid votes (i.e. votes by current UXPA UK members). The current UXPA UK President and Vice-President will adjudicate and have final say on who gets appointed to the positions.
We are currently inviting nominations for the Communications Officer position on the committee to evolve our communication strategy and delivery.
- Promote the UXPA UK and our events (and events of other UX communities around the country) to the wider community, mainly through our monthly newsletter & Twitter
- Manage and guide the Social Media and Design Leads in creating a unified strategy, visual language and tone of voice through all our channels
- Assist UK Liaison and International Liaison in building and extending relationships with other UX organisations and the wider community
If you would like to nominate yourself, please send an email to: email@example.com with the following information by November 14th:
- Your Name
- Your long-term vision for the position (up to 200 words)
- Your goals for the position during the 1st year of the term (up to 200 words)
- Previous UXPA (or other relevant) volunteering experience (up to 200 words)
- Short professional bio with one link to your online presence (up to 100 words)
- Your mugshot photo
Please try to be concise and use bullet points where appropriate. This information will be used to populate the voting forms; therefore, it is important your copy is useful and usable to edge people to vote for you!
If you are thinking of running and have more questions, please attend the AGM on the November 6th (member invitation only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your reference, the committee members of the 2015 committee are as follows:
- President: Paul Coombs (1st year)
- Vice President: Aline Baeck (1st year)
- Secretary: Monica Ferraro (2nd year)
- Treasurer: Caleb Tang (2nd year)
- Communications Officer: TBD
- Events Manager: Kristine Pitts (2nd year)
- Industry liaison: Chris Bailey (2nd year)
- Professional Development: Jack Holmes (2nd year)
- UK Liaison: Heidi K Smith (2nd year)
- Immediate Past President: Stavros Garzonis (1st year)
If you think you’re ready to help us shape the future of the UK’s largest user experience group, we’d love to hear from you. Please send an email to email@example.com.
If you feel being on the committee is too much of a commitment for you at this stage, you could always get involved in other ways.